As a retailer, if your agency can’t produce tangible results for your business then show them the door. And you’ll probably be ushering them out sooner rather than later, if your commercials lack any of these six basic elements:
Does your TV commercial…
1) Motivate viewers to take action immediately.
2) Explicitly communicate your product or service’s advantages over other choices.
3) Visually arouse your prospect. Test this by turning the sound off and see if it still has the same visual effect.
4) Inspire trust, confidence and believability.
5) Provide a single consistent message that penetrates the viewers’ minds and stays there long after the commercial is over.
6) Grabs the viewers’ attention within the first three to five seconds. Remember the remote control is your worst enemy. You must engage the audience quickly or risk losing them.
I want to thank David Frey, author of the best-selling manual, “The Small Business Marketing Bible” for these tips. He’s spot on!